Oct 27, 2022
Inuuqatigiit Centre for Inuit Children, Youth and Families
230 McArthur Ave., Vanier, ON K1L 6P5, Canada
Inuuqatigiit Centre for Inuit Children, Youth and Families is a multi service non- profit organization serving Inuit children, youth, and their families. We are dedicated to providing cultural, educational, and support services in a caring, respectful, and collaborative environment that fosters strong and proud Inuit children and families.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the management of our financial and administrative operations at Inuuqatigiit Centre and is accountable for the accurate representation of Inuuqatigiit Centre’s financial statements. The incumbent must meet fiscal obligations while supporting the vision and mandate of Inuuqatigiit Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and supervise the application of financial and legislative regulatory requirements.
- Direct the implementation of Inuuqatigiit Centre’s financial policies, procedures and systems.
- Develop, direct and implement financial risk management strategies.
- Work with Executive Director and Board Finance Committee to finalize annual Operational Budget.
- Work with Program Managers to develop budgets for all program proposal submissions and workplans;
- Prepare cashflow and forecasting reports as required by funding agencies and Executive Director;
- Communicate high-level financial operations and updates with the Executive and Board;
- Prepare with Controller the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required by funding agencies’ contribution and grant agreements.
- Adhere to all contractual obligations specified in contribution agreements and meet all funding commitments.
- Prepare with finance team working papers for annual audit and prepare and submit annual Charity Return;
- Monitoring of financial accounting - revenue and expense transactions, asset and liability reporting.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end adjustments and allocations to the General Ledger for approval by Program Director and Executive Director.
- Provide financial and administrative leadership and support in the negotiation of building leases, capital improvement projects, space renovation agreements, equipment leases etcetera.
- Develop funding proposals in collaboration with the Executive Director, Director of Programs and Program Managers.
- Maintain multiple program budgets with historical and current spending data and provide reports to managers and program leads with notes to variances.
- Troubleshoot variances and changes to delivery and cashflow projections with managers and directors.
- Communicate with funders to make changes or request approvals to agreements.
- Obtain Program / Executive Director approval for project/program purchases beyond regular operating budgets.
- Verify invoices and requests for payments and authorize transactions in GL and through online banking.
- Supervise payroll process and systems and verify accuracy of data prior to payroll submission.
- Manage Insurance Portfolios for Auto, General and Directors and Officers’ Liability Insurance.
- Provide monthly financial statements to Executive Director.
- Supervise the financial reporting obligations to funders
- With the Executive Director, create, maintain and use grid of salary ranges for all Inuuqatigiit Centre staffing positions, in keeping with annual budgets and program or revenue changes.
- Work with project/program managers and provide leadership and training as needed to help them meet financial and administrative responsibilities.
- Provide mentoring and training to the Finance staff.
- Attend meetings and / or professional development sessions as required.
- Establish relationships that benefit the delivery of fiscally strong programs and services.
- Work closely with the Inuuqatigiit Centre Board of Directors Finance Committee in delivering accurate financial data and strong fiscal oversight.
- Adhere to and promote the mandate and mission of Inuuqatigiit Centre.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Inuit descent preferred and is considered an asset;
- CPA, CGA, or CAFM designation or similar is required;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project/program management; focused on children, youth and families;
- Experience in community planning, outreach, program delivery and quality assurance;
- Experience in effectively managing human and financial resources;
- Networking and partnership-building skills;
- Effective leadership skills;
- Experience working with Inuit or Indigenous communities
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Inuit and non-Inuit community services and supports;
- Knowledge of the Inuit culture and community;
- The ability to provide strong leadership skills,
- Strong computer and technical skills,
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting;
- Networking and partnership-building skills;
- Ability to respond effectively in crisis situations,
- Ability to function effectively in a high stress, high noise environment, flexibility.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to children
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to function effective in a high stress, high noise environment;
- Excellent proposal writing skills
Conditions of Employment
- Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector required in keeping with policies and procedures
- TB Test and other immunizations up to date.
- Medical certification of good health.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (or willingness to become certified)
- COVID-19 Vaccines (Dose 1, Dose 2 and Booster)
Please apply with a cover letter and up-to-date resume by to: Human Resources Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require specific accommodations, please contact the HR Department through the contact information provided above, so that we can make suitable arrangements with you.
When two equally qualified candidates are considered for the same position, preference will be given to the candidate of Inuit descent.
We thank all who apply for this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is dependent upon funding approval.